Cantex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing proprietary pharmaceuticals to treat cancer and other life-threatening disorders.
Cantex’s core strategy is to modify and repurpose existing drugs and, by doing so, create novel, proprietary, safer and more effective therapeutics for cancer and other life-threatening disorders. Through proprietary modifications of known and well-characterized drugs with proven safety profiles and a strong rationale for efficacy, Cantex is able to achieve a dramatically de-risked development pipeline with reduced time to regulatory approvals.
Cantex's pipeline features two products in Phase II clinical development:
- Highly active in pre-clinical studies against glioblastoma, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and other forms of cancer
- Convenient proprietary oral combination of two compounds with well-established safety
- Readily crosses blood brain barrier; therefore well-suited for both primary and metastatic brain tumors
- FDA granted orphan drug designation for glioblastoma; Phase II trial in recurrent glioblastoma underway
- Additional phase II trials in metastatic prostate cancer and metastatic breast cancer planned in second half of 2017
- Pilot study in newly diagnosed AML suggested increased complete remission rate and accelerated bone marrow recovery
- A randomized Phase IIB study in newly diagnosed AML now enrolling patients
- Additional Phase II trials in myelodysplastic syndrome and severe traumatic brain injury in 2017
Cantex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is dedicated to developing proprietary pharmaceuticals that improve the treatment of cancers and other life-threatening disorders.